Organic food is produced by farmers who emphasize the use of renewable resources and soil and water conservation to improve the quality of the environment for future generations. Organic meat, chicken, eggs, and dairy products come from animals that are not given antibiotics or growth hormones.
Organic food for Baby: 5 things you should know
- Buy organic fruits and veggies that have uneven surfaces and tiny grooves like strawberries, broccoli, green leafy veggies as well as dried fruit such as sultanas. (The non-organic ones may have pesticides hiding in such nooks and crannies.)
- The same goes for thin-skinned fruit and veggies such as tomatoes, prunes and grapes.
- Organic fruits and veggies generally don’t look as good or perfect as conventionally farmed ones. This includes dried fruit.(Beware if your organic tomato looks perfectly shaped or your organic apricot is plump and vibrantly orange.)
- Organic grains and baby rice cereals are also great for a weaning bub. A little goes a long way, since babies and tots don’t eat a lot. Maintain freshness by keeping them at room temperature or in a cool, dark place.
- Organic baby purees can be kept frozen for three months, but the quality may drop.
For more information about Organic Baby Food Malaysia, please visit https://whynotorganic.com.my/product-category/baby-child/