Metal roofs are made of iron sheets printed in various patterns (zinc roof is one of the metal roof). Widely used in commercial buildings such as factories. But, now it has become a trend for new houses to use this type of roof. This time, I want to share about the advantages and disadvantages of this metal roof so that you who want to renovate the house can make an initial assessment.
- Can last up to 50 years. So, you do not need to change the roof in the near future.
- Moss will not grow and erode like a normal type of roof.
- Lighter than other types of roofs. So, there is no need to design a complex house structure to support this metal roof.
- Many choices of patterns and colors in the market. In addition, it is easy to make custom made according to your roof design (commonly used pattern is a pattern that resembles a tiled roof).
- Easy to install and maintain. Take a short time to install this type of roof and if it leaks, just replace the roof sheet. No need to change the whole new roof.
- Noise when it rains. Can disturb your sleep if it rains at night (to minimize noise use thick sound insulation).
- If there is no heat-resistant insulation, your house will heat up quickly and maybe the electricity bill will soar when you frequently install aircond due to this situation.
- Prices are uncertain, because iron is widely imported in foreign countries. So, prices follow market trends. Can be expensive, can be cheap.
For more information about metal roof, please visit https://www.yarkermetalroof.com.my/